Offsprung

An irreverent, inclusive, alternative parenting community

The new year is upon us. I know many people eschew the resolution, but I am a huge fan of setting goals. Like, I got massively depressed after I finished school because I was adrift without goals for a bit. So, do people have resolutions for the new year?

I would like to find time to run three times a week, save more money, and be more careful about my diet. This semester has been a tough one and I have been eating poorly. I also want to get two articles completed and out for consideration and work on getting my play out there to be read.

I had vowed to get a full time job by the time I was 35 (which I realize sounds...) but I am full time this semester, so that goal is achieved. :)

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kana: part of the get the diet under control is more or less giving up booze here too. None in the house, only once a week while out. I have replaced it with coffee. Lots, and lots of coffee. Far more coffee than ever there was booze. Wookie, I'm sorry to hear about the migraines. I don't really handle them so much as take to a dark room and forbid people to make noise or cook things.

hmmm...

- finish all the projects we started in this house (windows, fireplace insert, set up study in junk room, clear out back porch, fix roof) just in time to ...

- move to small town in the summer (already looking at houses!)

- remember to laugh with my husband and boys

Now that I'm convinced that Moose can eat "normally" even if his allergies don't magically disappear, I want to branch out.  Sure, I can roast a chicken and turn the leftovers into soup and make bread to go with it (sorry, not veggie here at all--the husband would kill me), but there's got to be more out there.  I really liked trying a new vegetable or fruit every week last summer from the farmer's market, so I think I'm going to try to cook something new every week this year, totally from scratch.  This week was fajitas.  I even made the tortillas.  Go me!

At the risk of TMI (at least to my idea of TMI):  I also want to be pregnant again by the end of the year, but...not yet.  Maybe I'm too picky.  Oh, and I finally picked up Taking Charge of Your Fertility, like a couple of you suggested back on my first (rather frantic) OS post a few years ago.  Turns out there's more to it than the temp charting I gleaned from the internet.  Doh.  I'd already dropped the BC pills before getting the book, but I'd figured it would be condoms for us, and I see why people "forget."  So I also vow to start using FAM as birth control, even though breastfeeding throws a few issues into it.

Finally, I resolve to make friends that (a) live within half an hour of me and (b) don't drive me insane.  That's the hardest one.  Stupid Redneckville.  I have some leads, other moms with young kids from our rahter awesome (yes, I said it--awesome!) church, only about a mile away, so we could even walk down when the weather's nice.  We have our faith in common, at least, and they didn't freak out when I nursed Mikey in the presence of their older kids.  Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm going to set realistic goals this year, like telling people before the baby comes in May, that bigkrygowski and I are PREGNANT!

Oh, and lurk less and post more often.

Yay yay yay!  Congratulations, both of you!

BunnyKrygowski said:

I'm going to set realistic goals this year, like telling people before the baby comes in May, that bigkrygowski and I are PREGNANT!

Thread hijack. But an awesome one. :) Congrats!!!

Yay!  Congratulations!  When are you due?

BunnyKrygowski said:

Oooh, excellent! Friends just had a baby and I am totally sating my desire for another one with theirs!

Congrats!

BunnyKrygowski said:

Congratulations!

BunnyKrygowski said:

I'd like to be pregnant soon, but that was my goal for last year (after I had to give up on the goal of having a baby last year), and I failed, so I don't want to set up any more goals that are biology-dependent.

Good luck to you!

rommie said:

Now that I'm convinced that Moose can eat "normally" even if his allergies don't magically disappear, I want to branch out.  Sure, I can roast a chicken and turn the leftovers into soup and make bread to go with it (sorry, not veggie here at all--the husband would kill me), but there's got to be more out there.  I really liked trying a new vegetable or fruit every week last summer from the farmer's market, so I think I'm going to try to cook something new every week this year, totally from scratch.  This week was fajitas.  I even made the tortillas.  Go me!

At the risk of TMI (at least to my idea of TMI):  I also want to be pregnant again by the end of the year, but...not yet.  Maybe I'm too picky.  Oh, and I finally picked up Taking Charge of Your Fertility, like a couple of you suggested back on my first (rather frantic) OS post a few years ago.  Turns out there's more to it than the temp charting I gleaned from the internet.  Doh.  I'd already dropped the BC pills before getting the book, but I'd figured it would be condoms for us, and I see why people "forget."  So I also vow to start using FAM as birth control, even though breastfeeding throws a few issues into it.

Finally, I resolve to make friends that (a) live within half an hour of me and (b) don't drive me insane.  That's the hardest one.  Stupid Redneckville.  I have some leads, other moms with young kids from our rahter awesome (yes, I said it--awesome!) church, only about a mile away, so we could even walk down when the weather's nice.  We have our faith in common, at least, and they didn't freak out when I nursed Mikey in the presence of their older kids.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Due mid-May! 

And I do need to reach out more... that is a legitimate resolution.  :)
MamatothaMax said:

Yay!  Congratulations!  When are you due?

BunnyKrygowski said:

I want an out-of-the-house job.  Considering looking for daycare first just to force me to get one.

Admitting it here first, we would also like to get pregnant.  But, I'm not I want the emotional highs and lows of really "trying", so I'm not sure how focused our efforts will be.  (Did that make any sense at all?)

We are also trying to go with a vegan, plant-based diet for all sorts of reasons.  

Neither of the latter two were January 1 resolutions because we were with my family until Jan. 9th and they tend to prevent both things.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Offsprunger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service