Offsprung

An irreverent, inclusive, alternative parenting community

Ok, I'm still tempted to ask on FB for which laws precisely people are upset, because I think most people supported most of the laws enacted.  But, that's not always how our system works.  I may still have to de-friend a few people.  But before I do, I want to post my favorite (tongue in cheek) posts from FB.  

Edited to add: I really meant for others to add their favorite posts if you want.  But maybe you all have all done your FB purging already!

Tags: Elections, FB, Tea-Party

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did stuff all day. But it was my choice. And now I have a nice looking lawn and a full fridge. And some cooked food in it. Once again, it was my choice.
Anyway, I'm just chalking this up to, once again, a lack of communication between us.

The Oracle said:
Uhhhh...I know it's a little late, but yeah you can be pissed. But that also would kind of ruin your day "off," whether you do nothing or get work done around the house as agreed. Have you talked to her about it? Did you delineate what you were going to do ahead of time or was it really just "do things around the house" and maybe she assumed that cleaning the closet was enough? Is it a pattern that keeps coming up or a one-time deal?

Most importantly, did you do nothing today? 'Cause that's what I would have done.

Well, you're right, probably not. But I would have tried.

Digggy said:
I have something new to rant about. My wife and I were supposed to go see my parents today and hers tomorrow. Early today, she says how about we each go stay home one day to get stuff done around thte house. So, I am fine with that. I get home about nine hours after leaving and discover that she mostly napped, got a pedi and watched her DVRs of Greys Anatomy. She did clean out the hall closet and do some work things, but not much else. Now I know i have a big issue with using daylight hours in doing things around the house and not just relaxing. Now tomorrow i would like nothing more than to do nothing, but I know that there is too much to do around the house and I can't let myself do that. Also, she asked that i cook some healthy meals for the week. Can i be pissed about this?
Yes. But not too much, because I suspect when I get my day off on Thursday and have big plans for cleaning that I'll really end up with a book, a computer, and the DVR (all at once),and I don't want you pissed at me, too. But yes, you can be annoyed at someone for not following through on their promis, especially since it now leaves more work for you.

Digggy said:
I have something new to rant about. My wife and I were supposed to go see my parents today and hers tomorrow. Early today, she says how about we each go stay home one day to get stuff done around thte house. So, I am fine with that. I get home about nine hours after leaving and discover that she mostly napped, got a pedi and watched her DVRs of Greys Anatomy. She did clean out the hall closet and do some work things, but not much else. Now I know i have a big issue with using daylight hours in doing things around the house and not just relaxing. Now tomorrow i would like nothing more than to do nothing, but I know that there is too much to do around the house and I can't let myself do that. Also, she asked that i cook some healthy meals for the week. Can i be pissed about this?
She did clean out the hall closet and do some work things, but not much else.

I think the problem is that you had different standards on "things". I would have called that getting some things done. Not incredibly ambitious things, but in my house, that would "meet requirements". In your shoes, I would be annoyed but not pissed.

After 13+ years of marriage, I have discovered that if I have a mental tally of things that need to get done, that the only way to get there from here is to make a list and divvy it up. That way it is in writing and both parties have more than vaugely agreed to the terms. For example, this weekend we moved 2 yards of woodchips, cleaned the garage, stored the lawn mower for the winter, covered the AC, picked up the random garbage on the lawn (2 dogs chewing random objects = mess), trimmed all the major hedges and made two dump runs.

We did not get rid of the old futon or television as per the plan. Operation purge basement has been tentatively rescheduled to next weekend, including dump and salvation army runs. IT is part of long range plan for "get a real not-horrible couch and start using the area downstairs for movies and Wii instead of cramming all that into the living room".

But I am pretty analytical (and ADD, it's a lovely combination) so that is just what works in MY house. Yours may vary completely. I have short, medium and long-range plans mapped out, which helps me keep focus on the long term goal. The short range stuff gets written on paper and then we (adults and older kids) have a list to work from.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Offsprunger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service