Offsprung

An irreverent, inclusive, alternative parenting community

Parenting (740)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Freedom of expression vs. school policy

So my 4 year old is obsessed with skeletons and has been for a few years. As in, carries around her "About Your Body" book and cried when I…

Started by wookie

36 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by ks

Home Visits from Teacher - Hot or Not?

I vote NOT. This is very odd. I received this letter today, pertinent part follows: This year, the second grade teachers will be participa…

Started by Mamawho

14 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by kommishoner

I thought I had more time!

Ebay, the little bugger, realized last night during a screaming fit that she's finally tall enough to hook a foot and climb over the top of…

Started by Herasmus B. Dragon

6 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Mamawho

What Happens When Kids Pay Attention To Your Bookshelf?

http://nealpollack.com/archives/2009/08/hipster_kids_sa.html

Started by Alternadad

11 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Teacher Tom

I hate babies?

My son turned 19 months old today and he is AWESOME. He's entertaining, fun, and I'm enjoying every day with him. It's sad that I go back t…

Started by bap2

20 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Lea

Joining the club! Anyone else?

Just want to let the crew that I'm joining the pregnant lady club. Just found out today. :) Any one else with news?

Started by bethany

35 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Lea

Names for private parts

I try to use anatomically correct names for private parts with my son--penis and testicles. Until recently I was saying penis and balls, bu…

Started by DLBK

25 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by The Oracle

Clique Crap

So, in one short week The Boy made a friend at day camp, got picked on by a clique of other boys at camp, and watched his new friend dump h…

Started by Floor Pie

2 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Floor Pie

Playing dress-up

At what age do kids start playing dress-up? I'd love to have some stuff available for my son but I don't know how interested he'd be at 17…

Started by DLBK

8 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by mcglory13

Cute or creepy?

My 7 year old has always loved creating art. Recently her father commissioned a Going Away card for someone at work, which introduced her t…

Started by wookie

8 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by StitchyWench

RSS

© 2014   Created by Offsprunger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service